INSURANCE POLICY TERMS
OWNERS THAT OPT FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE PROVIDED BY ALLIANZ AND ARRANGED THROUGH DRYVE SHOULD PLEASE NOTE ALL OBLIGATIONS CONCERNING THE CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE PRIOR TO THE RENTAL, AS WELL AS ALL CONDITIONS, EXCLUSIONS, SPECIAL TERMS, AND CLAIMS OF THE POLICY. THESE INSURANCE POLICY TERMS SHOULD BE READ AND ACCEPTED IN CONJUCTION WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TOGETHER CONSTITUTE A SINGLE SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE DRYVE PLATFORM, APP, AND/OR WEBSITE.
A. KEY TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
I. The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply to all provisions of the Insurance Policy Terms.
1. “Administrative Fee” is a fee charged by Dryve to cover expenses incurred as a result of administering and processing Penalties, Renter Disputes, and Claim Forms;
2. “Allianz” refers to Allianz Insurance Company- Egypt with the web address: https://www.allianz.com.eg/en_GB.html. Allianz Egypt is a subsidiary of Allianz SE with headquarters in Munich. Allianz is interchangeably referred to as the Insurer with reference to the partnership with Dryve;
3. “Approved Repair Center” refers to the various repair centers that are both approved by Dryve and Allianz for the repair of Vehicles under Insurance Coverage given that the Vehicle has undergone any loss or damage;
4. “App” refers to the Dryve application, the medium by which Dryve offers its Services to Users. App may be used interchangeably to refer to applications and/or the Dryve Platform;
5. “Booking” refers to the arrangement conducted and agreed to by a Renter and an Owner in relation to the rental of a Vehicle in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and as stated in the Dryve Model Rental Agreement;
6. “Car” refers to the Cars listed by Owners on the App pending both verification by Dryve and the selection of rental preferences made by the Owner;
7. “Claim” refers to a formal request sent by Users and/or Dryve to the Insurer for the Insurance Coverage to take effect for compensation for a Covered loss or damage to a Vehicle;
8. “Claim Form” means the form sent to Allianz detailing the damage and/ or loss done to a Vehicle during the Rental Period. It is completed by either Dryve, the Owner, or the Renter and can be done by filling out all the required fields on the App;
9. “Conditions of Vehicle Use” means the definition given in Clause C.1;
10. “Covered Loss” means the amount covered by the Insurance Policy in the case of a successful Claim, less any Deductibles, and in the case of partial or total loss as determined by the provisions set in Clause B based on the accepted Sum Insured;
11. “Deductible” is the first loss payment and is the amount of money required by the Insurer to be paid by the Renter under Insurance Coverage in the event a Claim has been approved;
12. “Drop-off Charges” refers to the agreed upon date, time, and location whereby both Users meet, diligently inspect the Vehicle, complete the Drop-off Inspection Form, and the Renter hands back over the Vehicle to the Owner, marking the end of the Rental Period;
13. “Drop-off Inspection Form” refers to the form with compulsory fields on the App required to be filled at Drop-off for the Rental Period to officially end. The Drop-off Inspection Form entails the recording of fuel and mileage levels, uploading clear pictures of the Vehicle, as well as pictures of any damages in the case of a Claim;
14. “Dryve Model Rental Agreement” means the model required to be used by the Owner and the Renter representing all Booking information as displayed on the App and/or email;
15. “Exclusions to Vehicle Use” means the definition given in Clause D.1;
16. “Insurance Coverage” refers to the conditions and exclusions of cover, and the type and amount of financial coverage for insured Vehicles provided by Allianz. Owners that opt for Insurance Coverage have their Vehicles covered only during the Rental Period. Insurance Coverage is used interchangeably with Coverage;
17. “Insurance Fee” refers to both the monetary premium payable by the relevant Renter and the relevant Owner, embedded in the payment of Service Fees, for Insurance Coverage of the relevant Vehicle for the relevant Rental Period, and any Deductibles payable to Allianz in the event of an accident and/or Claim;
18. “Insurance Policy” refers to the policy provided by Allianz and arranged through Dryve. The Insurance Policy states the relationship between the Insurer, Allianz, and the Policy Holder, Dryve, as well the Insurance Fees and Claims process;
19. “Insurer” refers to Allianz with reference to the partnership with Dryve;
20. “Market Value” means the market value of Vehicles on Dryve calculated at the time of listing using an integrated Contact Cars API. The Market Value is determined by the Vehicle’s make, model, year, and mileage, and is determined using its average price on the Contact Cars website over 6 months prior to the listing date;
21. “Maintenance Fee” means the daily sum paid, accounting for the Vehicle’s service and maintenance. Maintenance Fees are calculated by Dryve based on the Vehicle’s category and are a component of Rental Charges;
22. “Nactia” refers to Nacita Auto Care with the website: www.autocare.nacita.com. Nacita Inspections are highly recommended and may be obligatory for some Cars;
23. “Owner” refers to any applicant who has filled in all mandatory fields in the Owner’s registration form on the App and has successfully listed a verified Vehicle as detailed in the Owner Supplemental Terms;
24. “Personal Insurance” refers to motor insurance policy sourced by the Owner and provided by an insurance firm separate from both Dryve and the Insurance Policy, which covers their Vehicle during a Dryve Trip. Owners that opt to use their Personal Insurance are not covered by Allianz throughout the Rental Period;
25. “Personal Insurance Fee” refers to the monetary amount paid by the Renter to the Owner in the case of an accident during a Dryve Trip, the amount is limited to the total deductible paid by the Owner, subject to the submission of evidence and confirmation of the amount by Dryve with a maximum liability to the renter of EGP 10,000;
26. “Pick-up” refers to the agreed upon date, time, and location whereby both Users meet, diligently inspect the Vehicle, complete the Pick-up Inspection Form, and the Owner hands over the Vehicle to the Renter, marking the beginning of the Rental Period;
27. “Platform” refers to all the mediums which Dryve Holdings Limited BVI, Dryve Egypt LLC and, or any of their affiliates offers its Services to Users. Mediums include the Dryve application, Ryde application, and the Website. Platform may be used interchangeably with App, website, and/or site;
28. “Policy Holder” refers to Dryve with reference to its role in the Insurance Policy provided by Allianz as detailed in the Insurance Policy Terms;
29. “Rental Charges” refers to the charges payable by a Renter to the relevant Owner for the use of his/her Vehicle during an agreed upon Rental Period. Rental Charge is the addition of the Daily Rate set by Owners for the number of days that make up the Rental Period and the Maintenance Fee;
30. “Rental Period” means the period whereby the Owner’s Vehicle is in the Renter’s possession while he is on a Trip. The period starts from Pick-Up and ends at Drop-off, or in the event of an Accident when the Renter has successfully delivered the Vehicle to an Approved Service Center for repair;
31. “Renter” refers to any User who has successfully completed and passed the Renter Registration Process, as outlined in the Renter Supplemental Terms, enabling them to rent out Vehicles from Owners;
32. “Pick-up Inspection Form” refers to the form with compulsory fields on the App required to be filled at Pick-up for the Rental Period to officially begin. The Pick-up Inspection Form entails recording of fuel and mileage levels, uploading clear pictures of the Vehicle, and pictures of any pre-existing damages;
33. “Policy Holder” refers to Dryve with reference to its role in the Insurance Policy provided by Allianz;
34. “Premium Surplus” refers a surcharge imposed on the Premium to circumvent possible risk factors exposing the Insurer such as the age of the Renter;
35. “Repair Fee” means the definition given in Clause B;
36. “Services” refers to your access and use of the Dryve App and all its offered utilities as stated in the Terms & Conditions;
37. “Service Fees” is a variable percentage fee, depending on the Vehicle category, payable by all Users and retained by Dryve. Service Fees generally make up Dryve Commission and address a number of other costs including customer service. Service Fees under the Dryve App and for Owners that opt for Insurance coverage include Premiums. Service Fees apply to Late Fee Penalties and Excess Mileage Penalties. See Exhibit B in the Supplemental Terms for a complete breakdown;
38. “Sum Insured” means the definition given in Clause B;
39. “Theft” refers only to theft by third parties and excludes breach of trust by Renter and/or Owner;
40. “User” refers to any person who has an active account on the App.;
41. “VAT” means Value Added Tax and is calculated as 14% of Dryve Commission and is deducted from all Users on a pro-rate basis on behalf of tax authorities;
42. “Vehicle” refers to any Car listed by its Owner and published by Dryve on the App for Renters to rent;
43. “Vehicle Conditions” means the definition given in Clause C.2;
44. “Vehicle Exclusions” means the definition given in Clause D.2;
II. Where the expression “including” is used, this is to be constructed as being immediately followed by the expression “without limitation.
III. Definitions include the singular/plural term.
B. TYPE OF COVERAGE
Dryve is neither an insurance company nor an insurance broker and shall not be held liable to compensate any cases of breach of trust, damages or theft of the Booked Vehicle. Dryve does not directly or indirectly insure Vehicles rented through the App. Dryve is named a Policy Holder on the Insurance Policy and is not a direct Insurer. If you choose to receive protection under this policy, your Coverage is provided by Dryve’s insurance partner, Allianz. Dryve only acts as an intermediary offering such insurance products to Users of the Dryve App.
For Car Owners with Vehicles listed under the Insurance Policy, Dryve has arranged for comprehensive insurance from Allianz to cover Vehicles during the Rental Period. Insurance Coverage will initiate at Pick-up and cease at Drop-off. Insurance Coverage is optional for Users of the Dryve App. In case of a successful Claim, Vehicles are required to be repaired at an Approved Repair Center.
Vehicles under the Insurance Policy are subject to a maximum Coverage amount equal to the Market Value determined at the time of listing ("Sum Insured").
The Sum Insured will be displayed during the publishing process on the App and by successfully publishing their Vehicle, the Owner is deemed to have accepted his Vehicle’s Sum Insured. Owners hereby acknowledge that they understand and agree that the accepted Sum Insured shall be the basis for the calculation of the Coverage amount under the Insurance Policy.
To the best of Dryve’s knowledge, all published Vehicles under Personal Insurance are insured by an insurance provider, independent from Dryve, and the Insurance Policy, Covering Vehicles during Dryve Trips. By opting for Personal Insurance Coverage and accepting these terms, Owners guarantee that published Vehicles on the Platform possess fully comprehensive insurance that covers Users throughout a Dryve Trip and that any Accidents that occur during a Dryve Trip will be covered as per the Owner’s Personal Insurance policy. UNDER PERSONAL INSURANCE, OWNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALL RISKS, DAMAGES, AND LOSSES THAT ARISE DURING A DRYVE TRIP ARE BORNE BY THE OWNER AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE INSURANCE PROVIDER.
Owners with Vehicles under Personal Insurance Coverage will be entitled to a Personal Insurance Fee in the case of an accident, this amounts to a minimum of either the deductibles paid by the Owner regarding the accident or EGP 10,000. The Personal Insurance Fee is payable by the Renter to the Owner through Dryve.
In the case of an accident Renters will be liable for a fee to compensate Car Owners for the time the Vehicle spends in repair (“Repair Fee”). The Repair Fee is calculated as a factor of 50% of the Vehicles Daily Rate multiplied by the number of days in repaid, with a maximum of 10 days. In case any number of days of the repair duration occurs within the Rental Period, the Repair Fee will be considered fully paid for these days and no amount will be refunded to the Renter. The Repair Fee is payable by the Renter to the Owner through Dryve.
C. POLICY TERMS
Vehicles fall under two insurance premium tiers, a Vehicle’s make, and model will determine the Premium bracket payable by both Users. Premium will be deducted from both the Renter and the Owner as part of the Service Fee.
Renters will be solely subject to a Premium Surplus depending on their age at the time of the beginning of the Rental Period as per Exhibit A below:
EXHIBIT A: Premium Surplus by Age
Dryve, in accordance with Allianz, reserves the right to change premium rates and Surpluses over time.
In the event of a total or partial loss Claim, loss adjusters sent by Allianz will determine the value of the Vehicle as of the date of the accident and reserve the right to determine whether a Vehicle is in a state of total or partial loss at their sole discretion.
A Vehicle is considered a total loss/ write-off if it costs more than 50% of its independently assessed market value to repair. In said event of total loss, Insurance Coverage extends to 100% of the Market Value of the Vehicle (“Sum Insured”). The Owner is deemed to have accepted the stated Vehicle’s Sum Insured. Owners hereby acknowledge that they understand and agree that the accepted Sum Insured shall be the basis for the calculation of the Coverage amount under the Insurance Policy and is subject to change over the lifetime of the Vehicle as determined by the loss adjuster.
Vehicles must be repaired at an Approved Repair Center. If the Vehicle is repaired at a repair center not on the list of Approved Repair Centers, it is considered outside of Coverage and Allianz will no longer be held liable to provided Insurance Coverage.
Authorized dealers are clearly labelled on the App along with the Approved Repair Center’s billing type. Owners will be notified should their Vehicle no longer satisfy the chosen Approved Repair Center age limit and may be required to update their chosen Approved Repair Centers to fit the criteria.
If a Vehicle is repaired at an Approved Repair Center that falls within the Allianz direct network (labelled as "Direct Billing" centers on the App), Owners will only be required to pay the Deductible when collecting their Vehicle from the Repair Center. Owners will receive reimbursement for the Deductible which is payable by Renter through Dryve.
Vehicles over their tenth manufacture year are limited to non-agency repair.
If a Vehicle is repaired at an Approved Repair Center that is not within the Allianz direct network (labelled as "Pay and Reimburse" centers on the App), Owners will be required to pay the total repair cost, which includes the Deductible, when collecting their Vehicle from the Repair Center.
Owners will receive reimbursement for the Deductible, which is payable by the Renter through Dryve, and reimbursement for the remaining repair cost from Allianz. Owners will be required to send the repair cost invoice when requesting for any reimbursement.
Insurance Coverage as stated in the Insurance Policy is governed in accordance to Egyptian Law. Any disputes that arise under or in connection of said Coverage or Policy shall both be subject to and handled by Egyptian Courts.
Users and Vehicles must adhere to certain requirements and conditions making them eligible for Insurance Coverage.
I. Conditions of Vehicle Use:
RENTERS’S WILL BE SELECTED AND KEPT ONBOARD ASSUMING THEY FIT AND ADHERE TO THE BELOW CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS. RENTERS MUST ADHERE TO THE CONDITIONS OF VEHICLE USE TO DEEM THEM ELIGIBLE FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE, SHOULD RENTERS NOT MEET THE BELOW CONDITIONS OF VEHICLE USE, ALLIANZ IS NO LONGER LIABLE TO PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE AND THE RENTER WILL BE CONSIDERED FULLY LIABLE FOR THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DAMAGED VEHICLE AND SHOULD ACCEPT ANY CHARGES AND/OR PENALTIES THAT ARISE.
a. Renters must be a minimum of 21 years of age;
b. Renters must be under 65 years of age;
c. Renters must have a valid driving license throughout the entire Rental Period;
d. Vehicles should not, under any circumstances, be driven by anyone else other than the verified Renter;
e. Renter are required to safely lock and remove keys when outside of the Vehicle;
f. Renters must properly inspect and photograph the Vehicle clearly at Pick-Up;
g. In the event of a major accident that constitutes as Theft, fire, or preemptively deemed a total loss and/or repairs might exceed EGP 20,000 a police report be filed.
II. Vehicle Conditions:
OWNERS MUST MAKE SURE THAT THEIR VEHICLES ADHERE TO CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS TO MAKE THEM ELIGIBLE FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE. SHOULD VEHICLES NOT MEET THE STATED VEHICLE CONDITIONS AND/OR THE DAMAGE/LOSS TO THE BOOKED VEHICLE HAS BEEN STATED IN THE VEHICLE EXCLUSIONS, ALLIANZ IS NO LONGER LIABLE TO PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE. OWNERS ARE THEN CONSIDERED FULLY LIABLE FOR THE REPAIR OF A DAMAGED VEHICLE AND SHOULD ACCEPT ANY CHARGES AND/OR PENALTIES THAT ARISE.
a. All Vehicles must have a valid Egyptian car license in accordance with all traffic act and other laws and regulations. Licenses cannot expire during the Rental Period;
b. Owners must properly inspect and photograph the Vehicle clearly at Drop-Off indicating any apparent loss or damage that has occurred to their Vehicle during the Rental Period.
I. Exclusions to Vehicle Use:
Should a Vehicle be subject to damage or loss surrounding the below stated Exclusions to Vehicle Use or coverage limitations, the Renter will be considered fully liable for any and all loss or damages and should accept any legal and/or financial charges and/or Penalties that may arise. Allianz, in turn, will not be held liable to provide any Insurance Coverage that arises from said Claims.
a. Any activity that violates Egyptian law, which includes anything from any and all parking or other traffic violations to robberies and other crimes;
b. General negligence to the Vehicle such as leaving it unattended with the keys inside;
c. Any accidental loss or damage caused to a third party’s property or vehicle.
II. Coverage does not apply to the following geographical areas:
a. Airport Aprons;
b. Airport Taxiways;
c. Airport Runways;
d. Areas past security gates in terminal buildings;
e. Accidents and or loss anywhere outside of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Insurers will not extend coverage and Owners will bear full liability in the event that damage and/or loss occurred surrounds the below exclusions:
III. Vehicle Exclusions:
a. Any personal belongings that are in the Vehicle at the time of the accident;
b. Minor scratches and abrasions to the Vehicle;
c. Any existing damage to the Vehicle prior to Pick-up of the Vehicle;
d. Terrorist attacks;
e. Revolutions, rebellions, and military coups.
Should the Vehicles meet the Vehicle Conditions and the damage or loss does not surround the Vehicle Exclusions, Renters will be deemed liable for Deductibles that would be required in the event of a successful Claim due to damage or loss to the Vehicle during the Rental Period. Owners may be required to pay the Deductible when receiving their Vehicle from the Approved Repair Center and will later receive reimbursement for it from the Renters through Dryve.
Deductibles are the maximum of EGP 10,000 of 10% of the total repair cost, in addition to all Special Terms, and are subject to changes from time to time at Dryve’s and Allianz’s discretion.
G. SPECIAL TERMS
The following is a list of special terms surrounding Insurance Coverage as set by the Insurer in the Insurance Policy with regards to Vehicle repairs.
i. Depending on the time elapsed/Vehicle’s age from its manufacturing year, Owners are subjected to the following additional fees, reference Exhibit B, should repairs be conducted at an agency or require original parts:
EXHIBIT B: Additional Cost Borne at Dealers and/or for Original Parts
Years from Manufacturing Date
25% of the total invoice.
35% of the total invoice.
ii. Regardless of Vehicle make, model, and year, Renters must bear 25% of the total cost of an inflated airbag during a collision.
iii. Bodywork repairs for rust, corrosion, and/or sandblasted windshields will require Renters to bear 50% of the cost to repair.
iv. Mechanical and electrical parts, suspension systems, exhaust system, rust and corrosion (glass, headlights, taillights, or paint) are subject to a depreciation cost borne by the Renter. Refer to Exhibit C for a breakdown.
EXHIBIT C: Depreciation Schedule
Years from Manufacturing Date
Fifth Year and Beyond
v. For Vehicles aged less than a year, Renters bear 25% of the cost to repair tires and batteries whereas Vehicles aged 2 years and above require that Owners bear 50% of the cost of tires and batteries.
H. MISUSE POLICY
Renter will be considered fully liable for any loss or damages and should accept any legal and/or financial charges and/or Penalties that may arise as a result of any damages to the mechanical parts of the vehicle due to misuse of the Vehicle during the rental period as deemed by independent loss adjusters sent by Allianz.
Owners will be considered fully liable for any loss or damages and should accept any legal and/or financial charges and/or Penalties that may arise as a result of any damages to the Vehicle or its mechanical parts that was caused due to pre-existing mechanical issues or damages as deemed by the independent loss adjusters sent by Allianz.
I. CLAIMS PROCESS
RENTERS AND OWNERS MUST TAKE AND UPLOAD CLEAR DISTINCT AND UNOBSTRUCTED PICTURES AT PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF FOR THE INSURANCE COVERAGE AND ANY RESPECTIVE CLAIMS FOR THE CLAIM FORM TO BE DEEMED VALID.
Both Owners and Renters must review and make sure that all inputted information is accurate prior to submitting their Claim Form. Said forms will be thoroughly examined. In the event that any information has been found to be stated with malicious and/or fraudulent intentions, the Claim will be deemed void and rejected.
I. Renter Claims Process:
Renters are required to submit Claims for major damage that occurs to a Vehicle during the Rental Period through the App or via telephone to Dryve’s customer service center. Major damage is said to occur when the Vehicle is immobile and can no longer complete its Rental Period. Renters will be required to file and upload on the app a copy of the police report along with the Claim Form if the damage constitutes as Theft, fire, third-party liability, is preemptively deemed a total loss.
In the event of an accident and post the submission of a Claim Form by the Renter, the Renter assumes the responsibility of transferring the Vehicle to one of the Owners chosen Approved Repair Centers as stated on the App.
Renters must review and make sure that all inputted information is accurate prior to submitting their Claim. Administrative Fees may apply to submitted Claim Forms and are invoiced to the Owner.
II. Owner Claims Process:
Owners can submit Claim Forms for damages to their Vehicle at Drop-off through the App. Owners are obliged to report any damages made to their Vehicle during the Rental Period at Drop-off by submitting a Claim through the App. Claim Forms are subject to time limits. Any Claim Forms filed after Drop-off or that are incomplete shall be deemed void and rejected by Allianz. Administrative Fees may apply to submitted Claim Forms.
Owners must review and make sure that all inputted information is accurate prior to submitting their Claim Form. Said forms will be thoroughly examined.
Owners hereby consent to the forgoing; in the event an accident occurs during the Rental Period and the Renters submits a Claim, Vehicles will be transferred directly to one of the Owner’s chosen Approved Repair Centers for repair; If Claims are submitted by the Owner during Drop-Off, the Owner assumes the responsibility of transferring the Vehicle to one of his chosen Approved Repair Centers.
In the event a Vehicle is still under loan through a bank, said bank is referred to as the beneficiary and all cheques will be sent to the bank unless the Owner provides us with an “objection letter” from their bank.
a. Claims for Theft and Total Loss
Should a Renter submit a Claim during his/her trip declaring Theft, Owners understand that investigations regarding stolen Vehicles may last up to 6 months. The Insurer will send out a total loss letter pertaining the amount Owners are expected to receive subject to their loss adjusters. Owners will need to sign the total loss letter and submit all of the following documents to the Insurer prior to the start of the investigation period:
i. The original police report of the investigation from the police station overseeing the area where the Theft occurred;
ii. Prosecution Report;
iii. A letter from the security directorate initiating the search for the stolen Vehicle.
Post the investigation period and prior to the receival of their cheque, Owners will need to submit the following documents to the Insurer:
i. A letter of the cancellation of the search at the end of the investigation period;
ii. Transfer of the Vehicle’s ownership to the Insurer;
iii. Original Vehicle registration;
iv. Renter’s driving license;
v. Original traffic violations certificate;
vi. The Vehicle’s spare keys.
Vehicles proclaimed, by the Insurer, to be in a state of total loss will necessitate that their respective Owners sign the total loss letter sent out by the Insurer, remunerate the workshop with the total loss estimation fees – and if required parking fees – and delegate the Insurer to tow the car to their store. Owners will also need to submit all of the following documents to the Insurer:
i. Transfer of the Vehicle’s ownership to the Insurer;
ii. Original Vehicle registration;
iii. The original police report;
iv. The Vehicle’s spare keys;
v. Original traffic violations certificate.
Transferring the Vehicle ownership to the Insurer mandates that the official sale contract, and the official certificate of statements, must be executed in, and directed to the land registry.